How to Make Outsourcing Work for Your Company
The Internet has made outsourcing work easier and more cost-effective than ever. However, outsourcing does come with its share of challenges, such as maintaining quality, meeting deadlines and coordinating communication due to time zone differences.
How to determine if outsourcing is right for you
Determining what work can and should be outsourced is the first hurdle. When preparing for your journey into outsourcing, evaluate how your work time is currently spent and which tasks are simple, repetitive and time-consuming. In your self-evaluation, you’ll discover which tasks you (or your current employees) are not as competent in and which tasks can only be done by you or in-house.
When the right “outsourceable” tasks are determined, you’ll be able to see how lifting this burden off of yourself and your staff will help:
- Reduce operation costs
- Increase productivity
- Improve customer service and satisfaction
- Provide a better product or service
Different ways to outsource your daily work tasks
When most people think of outsourcing, they immediately think of sending work overseas to the Philippines or India to be done by low paid workers. While this is an option used by many outsourcers, there is an easier way to outsource many tasks.
- Automation – The advent of automation using software tools like IFTTT and Zapier can ease your workload by scheduling social media posting, recording invoices and automating workflows. Even simple text expander apps can help shorten duties like writing reports and emails.
- Outside Companies – Outsourcing major business systems, like accounting, is another way to save thousands of dollars while ensuring the work is being done by specialists with teams of employees at your service. When choosing to outsource work of this magnitude, choosing a local and highly-rated company is the best choice.
- Hiring Freelancers – Content creation, SEO management, digital marketing and web development are all areas where hiring a freelancer can be a wise and cost-effective option. Plan your work, research fair pricing, and explain your project as clearly as possible to help choose the ideal freelancer. Sites like Upwork make it easy to find the perfect freelancer for your project, complete with work history and feedback ratings. Keep your working relationship running smoothly by communicating with your freelancer regularly for the best results.